Catch up on what the Plainfield Parent Community Network has been up to! Check out the recordings from our past events here.
- Overscheduled Kids (and Frazzled Parents)
- Anxiety Monster: How to Turn Godzilla into Pete’s Dragon
- Is Your Child at Risk of Drug Abuse or Addiction? What Parents Need to Know About Marijuana, the Opioid Epidemic, and Substance Use and Abuse Issues
- Internet Safety Essential for K-12: Keeping Kids Safe in an Always-Connected, Ever-Changing World
- “The Bully Stops Here” and “‘Blah Blah’ Parenting and Mental Health for a New Generation
- “Mindfulness” and “The Importance of Failure”
Overscheduled Kids (and Frazzled Parents)
Preparing Your Child for a Competitive World Without Losing Your Sanity
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network on September 13, 2018
Watch the video now here…
Does Your Child Struggle with Anxiety?
Discover Practical Strategies to Empower Children to Manage Anxiety
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health on April 17, 2018
Thank you to Dr. Koehler for sharing such valuable and timely information with our record-setting crowd of families, educators and mental health professionals! A video of the presentation will be posted soon. In the meantime, download slides from the presentation below.
Click here to download the slides in English.
Is Your Child at Risk of Drug Abuse or Addiction?
What Parents Need to Know About Marijuana, the Opioid Epidemic, and Substance Use and Abuse Issues
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network – with Special Support from Linden Oaks Behavorial Health — on January 18, 2018
Download the slides here:
A huge THANK YOU to Megan Brooks, the chief investigator of the Will County’s State’s Attorney’s Office High Tech Crimes Bureau, for an insightful and idea-packed presentation on Internet safety for the K-12 crowd. Watch the video below.
Click here to download Megan’s handout in English.
“The Bully Stop Here” with Nicole Knepper, MA, LCPC and “‘Blah Blah’ Parenting and Mental Health for a New Generation” with Corey Worden, MA, LCPC