Catch up on what the Plainfield Parent Community Network has been up to! Check out the recordings from our past events here.
- The Screen Zombie
- Overscheduled Kids (and Frazzled Parents)
- Anxiety Monster: How to Turn Godzilla into Pete’s Dragon
- Is Your Child at Risk of Drug Abuse or Addiction? What Parents Need to Know About Marijuana, the Opioid Epidemic, and Substance Use and Abuse Issues
- Internet Safety Essential for K-12: Keeping Kids Safe in an Always-Connected, Ever-Changing World
- “The Bully Stops Here” and “‘Blah Blah’ Parenting and Mental Health for a New Generation
- “Mindfulness” and “The Importance of Failure”
“THE SCREEN ZOMBIE”
Watch the recording here…
Join Officer Jeff Bean, president and founder of Safe School 4 All, to discover:
- Real-time demonstrations of the most popular social media apps among kids and teens
- Proven strategies for keeping kids safe online
- The positive and negative effects of social media and technology
- How to realistically establish and define your child’s — and your — relationship with technology and social media
- Proven strategies for managing technology and social media use by younger children
- Tips and ideas for managing already-established excessive and unchecked technology and social media use
- Understanding the limitations of privacy and claiming your parental power
Overscheduled Kids (and Frazzled Parents)
Preparing Your Child for a Competitive World Without Losing Your Sanity
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network on September 13, 2018
Watch the video now here…
Does Your Child Struggle with Anxiety?
Discover Practical Strategies to Empower Children to Manage Anxiety
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health on April 17, 2018
Thank you to Dr. Koehler for sharing such valuable and timely information with our record-setting crowd of families, educators and mental health professionals! A video of the presentation will be posted soon. In the meantime, download slides from the presentation below.
Click here to download the slides in English.
Is Your Child at Risk of Drug Abuse or Addiction?
What Parents Need to Know About Marijuana, the Opioid Epidemic, and Substance Use and Abuse Issues
Presented by the Plainfield Parent Community Network – with Special Support from Linden Oaks Behavorial Health — on January 18, 2018
Download the slides here:
A huge THANK YOU to Megan Brooks, the chief investigator of the Will County’s State’s Attorney’s Office High Tech Crimes Bureau, for an insightful and idea-packed presentation on Internet safety for the K-12 crowd. Watch the video below.
Click here to download Megan’s handout in English.
“The Bully Stop Here” with Nicole Knepper, MA, LCPC and “‘Blah Blah’ Parenting and Mental Health for a New Generation” with Corey Worden, MA, LCPC